On behalf of the Huon Valley Council, Southern Business Services Pty Ltd manage bookings for the Cygnet Town Hall including the Supper Room.
Hall hire fees are set by the Huon Valley Council and all halls throughout the shire are charged out at the standard rate.
Please see our booking information sheet and price list which can be downloaded here in .pdf format.
At present bookings can only be made in person at our office or by phone. Payment is by cash or approved users can pay on account.
Before a booking can be accepted the standard booking form must be completed and mailed to Southern Business Services Pty Ltd, 14 Mary Street, Cygnet 7112, Tasmania.
Please call us to check availablity of the rooms on your selected date before filling out the form.
The booking form can be found here in .pdf format.
Images of the Town Hall can be found here
- The Town Hall and Supper Room are reserved at the following times for these events
- THESE DATES ARE CURRENT AS OF 18 AUGUST 2017
- Note: Larger events may be able to be accomodated with the approval of our regular hall users.
- Every Monday - Tai Chi, Supper Room, 9.30am - 12.45pm.
- Every Tuesay - Yoga (Lyn Liddel), Supper Room, 9.30am - 10.45.
- Every Wednesday - Life drawing, Supper Room, 10am - 12.30pm
- Every Thursday - Zumba, In recess, returns 5 October
- Every Thursday - Wellness class, Supper Room, 1pm - 2pm.
- Every Friday - Tai Chi, Supper Room, 9am - 10.30am
- Every Friday - Yoga (Alison Eastland), Supper Room, 10.40am - 11.55am (School term only)
- Every Sunday - Yoga (Juanita Brokas), Supper Room, 9am - 11.15pm
- Cygnet Market - Town Hall, 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month, 10am - 2pm
Special events 2017
- NRM Workshop - Supper room, 2 September, all day (set up 1 September)
- Workshop - Town Hall, 7 & 8 Oct, all day.
- Cygnet Mens Shed Wood Expo - Town Hall, 11 & 12 November, all day.
- Annual Concert HV Concert Band - Town Hall, 18 November, afternoon.
- SETAC - Town Hall, 2 December, all day.
Special events 2018
- Cygnet Folk Festival - Hall & Supper Room booked 10 - 15 January, Festival dates 12,13,14 January.
- Event, Town Hall 24 February, to be confirmed.
- Huon Art Awards - 27 February - 19 March, Town Hall only
- 25th April, Hall reserved for ANZAC day in case of adverse weather conditions
- Event, Town Hall, 9 Dec, Hall & Supper room
- Hall available for large and small bookings.
- Hall can accomodate up to 240 persons.
- Trestle tables and plastic chairs provided.
- The hall is heated.
- Basic kitchen available.
- Baby change table located in toilets.
- The usable area of the stage is approx. 5.5 metres deep x 7.5 metres wide.
- The main hall is approx. 20 metres long and 13 metres wide.
- Supper Room available for groups up to 50 persons.
- A projection screen is available for cinematic events.
- Wall mirrors are fitted for dance practice.
- The Supper Room is heated.
- Basic kitchen available with pie warmer, hotplate, fridge and urn.
- Approximate size 9 metres x 11 metres plus 4m x 5m alcove.
- The Supper Room is accessed by stairs. Some people may find access diffcult.
Equipment available for use when hiring Hall or Supper RoomStored in the hall & supper room: (These items are included in the hall hire fees)
- 8 large trestle tables
- 3 Plastic fold up tables
- 250 plastic seated chairs plus 50 metal chairs
- Small ticket box
- First aid kit
- Large portable stage
- Portable projection screen
- Pie warmer, double hotplate, urns
- Mix & match plates, bowls, cups, mugs, glasses, cutlery
- Matching set of cutlery & crockery (25 sets) (Deposit required)
- 6 Display panels
- Data projector
- PA system
- Portable eftpos system
- 6 x marquee
- Black canvas screens
- Hard display boards
- Lighting & mixer
- Data projector, amplifier & speakers
- Small folding tables