On behalf of the Huon Valley Council, Southern Business Services Pty Ltd manage bookings for the Cygnet Town Hall including the Supper Room.
Hall hire fees are set by the Huon Valley Council and all halls throughout the shire are charged out at the standard rate.
Please read the booking information sheet and price list which can be downloaded here in .pdf format.
At present bookings can only be made in person at our office or by phone. Payment is by cash or approved users can pay on account.
Before a booking can be accepted the standard booking form must be completed
and mailed to Southern Business Services Pty Ltd, 14 Mary Street, Cygnet 7112, Tasmania.
Please call us to check availablity of the rooms on your selected date before filling out the form.
The booking form can be found here in .pdf format.
Images of the Town Hall can be found here
- The Town Hall and Supper Room are reserved at the following times for these events
- THESE DATES ARE CURRENT AS OF 28 FEBRUARY 2018
- Note: Larger events may be able to be accomodated with the approval of our regular hall users.
- Every Monday - Tai Chi (Sylvia Merope), Supper Room, 9.30am - 12noon
- Every Tuesay - Yoga (Lyn Liddel), Supper Room, 9.30am - 10.45am
- Tuesday evening - Zumba (Karen Connelly), Town Hall, 6.30pm - 7.30pm
- Every Wednesday - Life drawing, Supper Room, 10am - 12.30pm
- Every Wednesday - Kids Dance (Luke Ray), Supper Room, 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Thursday evening monthly - Cygnet Community Choir, Supper Room, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
- Every Friday - Tai Chi (Amanda Steele), Supper Room, 9am - 10.30am
- Every Friday - Yoga (Alison Eastland), Supper Room, 10.40am - 11.55am (School term only)
- Every Friday - Tai Chi (Sylvia Merope), Supper Room, 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- Every Saturday - Dance (Luke Ray), Supper Room, 10.00am - 1.00am
- Every Sunday - Yoga (Juanita Brokas), Supper Room, 8.45am - 12noon
- Cygnet Market - Town Hall, 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month, 10am - 2pm
- Cygnet feast - Town hall Wed, Monthly 5pm - late
Special events 2018
- Cygnet Feast - Town Hall, 21 March, 5pm - late
- HAEG Huon Art Awards - 27 February - 19 March, Town Hall only
- Flickerfest - 7 March, Supper Room, 4pm onwards
- Cygnet Feast - Town Hall, 18 April (To be confirmed), 5pm - late
- 25th April, Hall reserved for ANZAC day in case of adverse weather conditions
- Simon Blow workshop, Town Hall, Sat 29 & Sun 30 September 2018
- Event, Town Hall, Sun 9 Dec, Hall & Supper room
- Hall available for large and small bookings.
- Hall can accomodate up to 240 persons.
- Trestle tables and plastic chairs provided.
- The hall is heated.
- Basic kitchen available.
- Baby change table located in toilets.
- The usable area of the stage is approx. 5.5 metres deep x 7.5 metres wide.
- The main hall is approx. 20 metres long and 13 metres wide.
- Supper Room available for groups up to 50 persons.
- A projection screen is available for cinematic events.
- Wall mirrors are fitted for dance practice.
- The Supper Room is heated.
- Basic kitchen available with pie warmer, hotplate, fridge and urn.
- Approximate size 9 metres x 11 metres plus 4m x 5m alcove.
- The Supper Room is accessed by stairs. Some people may find access diffcult.
Equipment available for use when hiring Hall or Supper RoomStored in the hall & supper room: (These items are included in the hall hire fees)
- 8 large trestle tables
- 3 Plastic fold up tables
- 250 plastic seated chairs plus 50 metal chairs
- Small ticket box
- First aid kit
- Large portable stage
- Portable projection screen
- Pie warmer, double hotplate, urns
- Mix & match plates, bowls, cups, mugs, glasses, cutlery
- Matching set of cutlery & crockery (25 sets) (Deposit required)
- 6 Display panels
- Data projector
- PA system
- Portable eftpos system
- 6 x marquee
- Black canvas screens
- Hard display boards
- Lighting & mixer
- Data projector, amplifier & speakers
- Small folding tables